SunGard is a leading software and technology services company, serving 25,000 customers across 70 countries. SunGard provides software and processing solutions for financial services firms, higher education institutions and the public sector. SunGard also provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With annual revenue exceeding $5 billion, SunGard is ranked 380th on the Fortune 500 and is the largest privately held business software and IT services company.
SunGard Financial Systems supplies software and technology services to institutions in nearly every segment of the financial services industry. The primary purpose of most of these systems is to automate specialised business
processes associated with trading, managing investment portfolios and accounting for investment assets. They address the processing requirements of a broad range of users within financial services, including asset managers, traders, custodians, compliance officers, treasurers, insurers, risk managers, hedge fund managers, plan administrators and clearing agents. SunGard's systems account for and manage more than $25 trillion in investment assets and process more than five million trades a day. SunGard offers consulting services focusing on implementation and integration of their solutions and on software development.
The company's offerings include a number of market-leading solutions for the enterprise risk management market:
- Ambit: A banking suite for retail, commercial and private banks covering financial, risk and performance management.
- Adaptiv: An enterprise-wide credit and market risk management and operations solution for financial institutions.
- iWorks: An enterprise-risk management platform for the insurance industry.
- APT: Investment technology for portfolio construction, risk and performance analysis.
- AvantGard: A suite of liquidity management solutions for corporations, insurance companies and the public sector.
- Global Trading: A multi-asset, front-to-back-office trading solution for equities, fixed income, derivatives and commodities.